To survive Perth’s nine hour daily sunshine, you should look for hardwood decking that is strong, robust and able to survive the elements. Our best selling hardwood decking options include our very popular 100% Australian Jarrah, and Merbau, otherwise known as Kwila. Jarrah timber first identified in 1802 has since secured itself in the decking industry due to its renowned durability and strength. Merbau, our lighter colored hardwood decking is great for for hot climates, and with a high fire-resistance, is perfect for fire-prone areas.
Choosing a hardwood option for your dream decking project has a host of practical benefits, including:
• Its a impeccable natural aesthetic that synergises your space with the surrounding land and features.
• It creates an ambience and a warmth that can offset brick, concrete and metal structures.
• Hardwood offers a natural resistance to the elements and only requires minor maintenance.
• Its always comfortable to walk on, it holds warmth and repels the cold unlike brick or concrete.
• Hardwood is a much more environmentally conscious option than man-made materials where the processing involves creating pollution.
• Hardwood is ideal for sloping, undulating and uneven blocks, with raised and tiered options available, that can be built to fit your exact requirements.
• More cost-effective than composite decking.
• Hardwood timber is abundant, and easy to shape, cut, stain, and paint.