To survive Perth’s nine hour daily sunshine, you should look for hardwood decking that is strong, robust and able to survive the elements. Our best selling hardwood decking options include our very popular 100% Australian Jarrah, and Merbau, otherwise known as Kwila. Jarrah timber first identified in 1802 has since secured itself in the decking industry due to its renowned durability and strength. Merbau, our lighter colored hardwood decking is great for for hot climates, and with a high fire-resistance, is perfect for fire-prone areas.
The Advantages of Hardwood Decking
Choosing hardwood for your decking project offers a number of advantages, including:
- It seamlessly integrates your space with the natural environment and provides a flawless aesthetic.
- It creates a warm atmosphere that helps balance out brick, concrete, and metal features.
- Hardwood offers a natural form of weather protection and requires minimal upkeep.
- It provides comfortable walking surfaces, retains warmth, and offers insulation against the cold, unlike more traditional materials such as brick or concrete.
- Hardwood is a more eco-friendly option compared to man-made materials that contribute to pollution during manufacturing.
- It is suitable for sloping, hilly, and uneven areas, and offers customisable raised and tiered structures to meet your specific needs.
- Wood decking is more cost-effective compared to composite decking.
- Hardwood is easy to work with as it can be shaped, cut, stained, and painted effortlessly.